Monday, May 18, 2015

Munchkin's 3rd Birthday Party!

It's probably time I posted about my sweet girl's 3rd birthday party- you know, since it's been a month! 

 
Months ahead of the actual date, I started asking munchkin what kind of theme she wanted for her birthday.  I crossed my fingers she wouldn't say Frozen (I'm a fan of the movie, but I wanted something different).  It took a couple of weeks for her to decide between Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty, but she did eventually pick Mickey Mouse!  Then the planning started.

I knew I wanted to craft most of the decorations because it would be cheaper than buying it and Pinterest had already given me such good ideas!  I also decided on a "Pin the nose on Mickey" game and a piñata to entertain the kiddos. 



My lucky little girl had such loving people celebrate her special day with her!  My parent's drove out from NM and my aunt and grandma came from AL.  We wanted to keep the party pretty small, so we invited just a few of munchkin's close friends.  I heard that when kids are this young, it's best to let them have as many friends at the party as the age they are turning.  Since she turned 3, she had 3 of her friends and honestly, it worked out really nicely that way!  Nobody got super overwhelmed and it was easy to wrangle them up for games and food! 

Since I love to bake, I have a goal to make all of her birthday cakes until she is begging me not to! :)  She kept telling everyone she was really excited to have a candle on her cake (she's had one each year, I don't know why it was so important for her this time!) and I had remembered seeing a video going around on Facebook about this lotus birthday candle.  It looked awesome, so I googled it and found it on Amazon!  The candle might have been the hit of the party- it lived up to the excitement and even set our smoke detectors off! 


Eventually the kids started getting tired and we knew the party was coming to an end.  We are so thankful to everyone who came and helped make our daughter's 3rd birthday such a special one!  She is still talking about it a month later! 
For your viewing pleasure:



1 comment:

  1. What, not Star Wars party? I can't believe she is 3 already! It doesn't seem like that long ago that you were pregnant and made the cake for my girl's 3rd birthday.

    ReplyDelete